My First Visit
Care, Comfort & Safety
The safety of our patients and team members is important to us! When it comes to patient safety and infection control protocols, MedDent exceeds the guidelines set by the CDC and the state of Indiana. Some of the steps taken to ensure that we maintain safe, sterile environments to prevent the transmission of disease include:
- Cleaning all surfaces of the exam room before each patient enters. This includes the chairs, countertops, drawer handles, and the like.
- Anything that might prove difficult to clean and sanitize regularly may have a protective cover put over it, which will be replaced after each patient.
- Any disposable dental tools are used for one patient and then discarded.
- Tools that aren’t disposable are sterilized after each patient.
- To protect the staff and the patient, the dental team will wear personal protective equipment or PPE. This includes gloves, masks, gowns, and eyewear. Disposable gloves and masks will be replaced after each patient is seen.
If you have any concerns about COVID-19 safety or would like to know more about the precautions being taken by our office, please feel free to contact us.
Save time by filling out your patient forms ahead of your first appointment.
We know that many people suffer from anxiety when it comes to dental visits, so we’re always working to find new ways to make patients comfortable when they visit with us. Some steps we’ve taken to promote a more relaxing visit include televisions and Bluetooth headphones in the exam rooms, USB chargers for patient devices, and the use of warm water for rinsing the patient’s mouth. Oral sedation is an option as well, for patients who require it.